Guliaev Alexander Georgievich (1917-1995) Born September 11, 1917 in the town of Rubtsovsk in the Altai region. He studied at a general education school for seven years. In 1933 his family moved to Tashkent where he entered the Tashkent School of Art. He completed his studies with Merit in 1937. He then entered the Academy of Arts in St. Petersburg. Before the beginning of WWII he completed four years of study under several professors including: A.A. Karayev, M.D. Bernshtein, B.Ioganson and in the individual studios of Soviet artist Yefim Cheptzov and Leonid Ovsiannikov. 1941-1943 he served in the Army in the Cavalry Regiment. He was wounded in 1943 and transferred to the reserve with a direction to continue studies in the Academy of Arts based in Samarkand. From 1943 he studied in the studio of A.A. Osmiorkina and he graduated from the Repin Institute of Art in March 1946. His Diploma work was a painting "Minin and Pozharsky" that now belongs to the Academy of Art. In the same year he entered the Leningrad oganization of the Union of Artists. He began exhibiting while still a student, taking part in summer exhibitions from 1939-41, then at an exhibition of Diploma works and at the Union of Artists after 1949. He exhibited in All-Russia, Republican, Regional, local spring and summer exhibitions. He also took part in "Our Contemporary" exhibition, dedicated to Soviet Army and a breakthrough of the Leningrad Blockade. Since 1950 he showed his works in almost all exhibitions of veterans of WWII during May in Leningrad.His work can be found in: Pavlodar Art Museum, Vladivostock Art Museum,Turkemenia National Art Gallery, Museum of Revolution in Leningrad, Baltyisk arine Museum, Museum of Radio Communications, Art Fund Collection of Russia, Ministry of Culture and Astronomy Institute in Leningrad. He was awarded twelve Government Medals and Orders. He died in 1995.